Clinical Quality Management activities and performance measures are designed to monitor the quality of care provided by Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A-funded agencies as part of the Broward EMA’s quality management plan.
Section 2604(h)(5)(A) of Title XXVI of the Public Health Services Act as amended by the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Extension Act of 2009, requires that Part A Grantees establish and implement a clinical quality management (CQM) program to (1) assess the extent to which HIV health services provided to clients under the grant are consistent with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) guidelines for the treatment of HIV/AIDS and related opportunistic infection, as applicable, and (2) develop strategies for ensuring that such services are consistent with the guidelines for improvement in the access to and quality of HIV health services. The Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) requires that a Part A Grantee must have:
· Established and implemented a quality management plan with annual updates.
· Established processes for ensuring that services are provided in accordance with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) treatment guidelines and standards of care.
· Incorporated quality-related expectations into Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and EMA contracts, including the sub-recipient level.
Broward County, Florida, is the recipient of Part A federal funds (including Formula, Supplemental, and Minority AIDS Initiative dollars) and manages the CQM Program for the Broward County/Fort Lauderdale Eligible Metropolitan Area (EMA).
Fort Lauderdale/Broward County EMA CQM Program
The mission of the CQM Program in the Fort Lauderdale/Broward County EMA is to ensure equitable access to a seamless system of high-quality, comprehensive HIV services that improve health outcomes and eliminate health disparities for people with HIV/AIDS in Broward County.
The purpose of the CQM program in the Fort Lauderdale/Broward County EMA is to systematically monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve the quality and appropriateness of HIV services provided to people with HIV/AIDS in Broward County. This will be accomplished by:
· Assessing the extent to which HIV services are consistent with the most recent HHS Clinical Guidelines for the Treatment of HIV/AIDS and related opportunistic infections;
· Developing strategies to ensure that such services are consistent with the guidelines for improvement in the access to, and quality of HIV services;
· Monitoring the quality of HIV services through the application of the HIV Care Continuum, HAB performance measures, HHS indicators, and Broward EMA local outcomes and indicators;
· Implementing continuous quality improvement strategies to ensure core and support services promote retention in care, adherence to medical treatment, and viral suppression;
· Applying client-level demographic, clinical, and utilization data to identify areas of improvement in clinical processes and outcomes; and
· Providing technical assistance to all providers throughout the course of creating, initiating, and evaluating quality management practices.
CQM Staff Contacts:
Michele Rosiere, MSW
Vice President of Programs