Healthy Families Collaborating Partners:
- Healthy Families Collaborating Partners:
- Broward County Sheriff’s Office
- Broward County Health Department
- Broward Health
- Broward Healthy Start Coalition
- Children’s Services Council
- Department of Children and Families
- Family Central
- First Call for Help of Broward County
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies
- Henderson Mental Health Center, Inc.
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Kid Inc.
- Memorial Healthcare System
- Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida/Healthy Families Florida
- United Way of Broward County
Healthy Families Broward is a community-based, voluntary home-visiting program designed to promote positive parent/child interaction and healthy childhood growth and development, thereby preventing child abuse and neglect. The program is modeled after the highly successful national Healthy Families America Initiative, which is based on more than two decades of research and experience with successful home visitor programs.
Healthy Families Broward offers pregnant women and their families, and families of newborns living in targeted zip codes, home-visiting services that are delivered by trained family support workers. The family support worker is invited into the homes of families to offer support, promote positive parent-child relationships, promote healthy child development, enhance family functioning through the development of a trusting relationship, enhance problem solving skills and provide links to health and family support services families may need. Services may begin during pregnancy or at the birth of the baby and are offered to families for up to five years.
Healthy Families Broward Partners include Broward Health, Healthy Mothers-Healthy Babies Coalition, Kids in Distress and Memorial Healthcare System. Healthy Families Broward is Funded by the Ounce of Prevention Fund, Children’s Services Council and the United Way of Broward County.